WordPress is created by thousands of people just like you. You don’t have to be a developer or a designer to start contributing.
If you answered a single question on WordPress.org forums, I have a surprise for you – you already contributed! But, you should come to WordCamp Europe Contributor Day on Sunday, June 26th, and learn new ways of giving back to the community.
Sign up for #WCEU Contributor Day on Sunday, June 26!
Did I mention that this would probably be the largest Contributor Day ever? Now’s your chance to write history.
What are contributor days?
Contributor days give you a special opportunity to share a room with some of the awesomest developers, designers and community enthusiasts from all over the world. So, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered nonetheless you’re a seasoned contributor or if this will be your first Contributor day. Ever.
Every year Contributor days get bigger with more and more people involved. WordPress is now running 25% of the World Wide Web and it needs our help. And there are so may ways you could help. From helping the Theme Review team, working on Translations, Community, Docs, Support, Accessibility or WordPress.tv – to name just a few. And don’t forget – that’s not nearly all. You could also contribute to Core, Design, GlotPress, Mobile… the list goes on and on.
We encourage you to take part of Contributor Day especially if you have never contributed before and you’re looking for a way to get started.
Become a WordPress Contributor!
If you’ve never contributed to WordPress before, WordCamp Europe would be a great place to start. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone to help the projects, such as:
- Core – improve the main WordPress platform
- Theme Review – join the team responsible for the high quality in the Themes Directory on WordPress.org
- Translations – make WordPress and its accompanying resources available in your language
- Community – improve the WordCamp and meetup organization processes
- Docs – improve the Codex, handbooks and other online resources for WordPress users and developers
- Support – spread some happiness by helping out WordPress users in the support forums
- Design – UI and UX updates
- Accessibility – test and improve the accessibility of the WordPress project
- WordPress.tv – reviews and approves every video submitted to WordPress.tv. They also help WordCamps with video post-production.
- GlotPress – help to improve the collaborative, web-based software translation tool, which was recently converted into a WordPress plugin
- Mobile – with the growing number of mobile devices on a daily basis, let’s make WordPress more mobile-friendy
- Meta – help the main WordPress websites such as WordPress.org or WordPress.tv
- BuddyPress & bbPress – grow the community building group by helping each of these projects
- Marketing – join and contribute to WordPress with other marketers from all around the globe
- Rest API – join the Rest API team and start contributing to the future of WordPress
- Training – join the group of educators teaching WordPress around the globe
See? There’s plenty of room for everyone, and we’re more than happy to welcome newcomers to each of the WordPress Contributors team!
If you’re not sure which team is best for you, check out the Make WordPress website and all of the active teams.
What do I need?
Don’t forget your laptop and charger – you’ll need them during the contributing process.
Sign up for (or make sure that you already have):
Currently, the main communication medium for contributors is Slack, so download a desktop version or use the web one with your credentials.
For Experienced Contributors
If you’re an experienced WordPress contributor, join the Contributor Day! We are looking for more mentors for the people starting out, and your experience would be a great asset for the day.
If you are interested in helping out and/or mentor new contributors with a specific team, let us know!
Plan For the Day
The Contributor Day will start at 11am on June 26th at the Vienna University in the city center. And we will wrap up at 6pm. Make sure that you are present at 11am when we will introduce the team leaders and the room that each team would be using for brainstorming and work.
Lunch would be available, so don’t forget to mark your dietary requirements (if any) in the form below.
In addition to the contributing teams, workshops would also be given at a separate room at the building. Nothing is set in stone yet and you will be able to switch teams or attend some of the workshops.
Sign Up Now
Fill in the form below to secure your place. The places are limited so act fast and reserve your slot!
Looking forward to seeing you there!